- 1/4 cup Simply Natural PRO~OATS
- 1 cup Farmers Choice Natural Chocolate flavoured WHEY
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 7-8 Medjool Dates
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips, plus 2 tablespoons for topping
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 8x8 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place pro-oats, WHEY protein + 1/4 cup water in bowl and mix until thick, add chopped medjool dates and set aside.
- Mix egg whites, vanilla, almond milk and applesauce together and set aside.
- Mix the two mixtures together to create the brownie batter.
- Heat coconut oil and 1/4 cup of the chocolate chips in a small saucepan over very low heat; stir continuously until all chocolate chips and coconut oil have melted together. (You can also heat them in a microwave safe bowl for 30-45 seconds.) Gently stir into brownie batter.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips and add in macadamia nuts; sometimes I like to swirl them in the batter with a knife. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until just cooked through and the top has set. Transfer pan to wire rack to cool completely. Once cool, cut into 12 bars -- please note that bars should be kept covered in the refrigerator and enjoyed cold!