Nutritious banana muffins using Simply Natural Pro Oats and Protein Mousse as frosting!
- 65g Simply Natural Protein Oats
- 35g Flour of choice - I used Brown Rice Flour
- 3 x Large Bananas (save 1/2 a banana for decorating)
- 150g Pitted Dates - soaked in hot water
- 60g Dark Chocolate (chopped)
- 2 Eggs
- 1tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 40g Simply Natural Choc Protein Mousse
* Blender/Food Processor Preferred *
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Start by soaking your dates in hot water for 5-10 minutes - you want these nice and soft so that they blend easily
- In a food processor, add ALL ingredients except for the Chocolate Mousse. Blend for 3-5 minutes until all ingredients are combined
- Line a cupcake/muffin tray with patty pans, and evenly distribute your mixture into each one. (Recipe makes 6-8 muffins, depending on how big you want them)
- Place tray into the oven and cook for 35-40 minutes on 180 degrees.
- While your muffins are baking, prepare your Chocolate Mousse frosting by adding two scoops (40g) of Simply Natural Mousse Powder into a bowl Simply add dashes of water as needed, and mix until you reach your desired mousse/frosting consistency
- Remove your muffins from the oven and allow to COOL COMPLETELY before adding your mousse & sliced bananas on top